This is the seperated layers of the shot006:
When I applied all of the layers together in photoshop, the scene is like this:
As we can see , no one can tell where is the focus of this scene, the only thing we can tell is there are just amazing elements filled up the whole screen without a place could breath or point.
Our character is in the yellow area below:
but so far, obviously the main element and the "focus"is the huge round building in the middle, it covers most of the area in this shot ,unfortunately, this shot has been called the most tough shot in our object.That's why i began with this one.
To creat the atomosphere , i did some research and checked different artist's matte panitings to learn how to make space for people to breathe and how to create the space.which is the most valuable thing i learned from this shot.
The reference of this shot:
The first step I did is deleted the huge round building layer in the middle.
and left enough space for the space creation and the character.
The considering of colours:
- Warm colours make the elements stand out ,and let people feel more nearer.
- Cold colour tone make the objects far away ， has air feeling also weaken the objects sometimes.
- To emphasise the character, the warm colour tone around him should be better.
- The liveaction buidings are too flat in this shot which are not perfect, I will use cool colour tone to cover their details and push them away.
- The left corner is a little bit empty and flat after I deleted the middle layer, i rendered out a 3D bridge which is created by Michael .I don't want to cover the corner with solid buidings again, I chose the bridge because it 's made by steels and it's just a structrue which will still keep the space feeling of the secen after I added it.